The following links to the statutes and rules will open a second browser window. When you have reviewed these statutes, you can close that window and you will still have this page open and available to you in your first browser window.
The Florida Board of Psychology is in the process of developing legislation and is interested in receiving feedback from licensees, and any other interested parties, who may be impacted should these requirements be placed in law in the future. Visit the Proposed Legislation page to learn more.
You will be connected to the Florida Legislature website, which is the official custodian of the statutes.
- Chapter 490, Florida Statutes: Psychology
- Chapter 456, Florida Statutes: Health Professions and Occupations: General Provisions
- Chapter 120, Florida Statutes: Administrative Procedure Act
Florida Administrative Code (F.A.C.)
You will be connected to the Florida Department of State: State Library and Archives of Florida website, which is the official custodian of the administrative codes.
- Rules: Chapter 64B19, Florida Administrative Code
- Rule 64B19-18.007, F.A.C.: Requirements for Forensic Psychological Evaluations of Minors for the Purpose of Addressing Custody, Residence or Visitation Disputes.
During the April 2010 meeting the Board decided to continue to refer to the 1994 version of the APA Guidelines for Child Custody Evaluations in Divorce Proceedings. A copy of the 1994 version is available through the link below:
• APA Guidelines for Child Custody Evaluations in Divorce Proceedings, effective July, 1994
• Specialty Guidelines for Forensic Psychologist
Once you are at the F.A.C. site:
- Select the desired "Chapter Number"
- Click the "Latest Version" of the Rule Number you wish to review
- The File Download box will popup - Click "Open"
|MISSION:||To protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, & community efforts.|
|VISION:||To be the Healthiest State in the Nation|
|PURPOSE:||To protect the public and make Florida the healthiest state in the nation through health care licensure, enforcement, and information.|
|FOCUS:||To be the nation's leader in quality health care regulation.|
|VALUES:||I CARE (Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Responsiveness, Excellence)|