Protecting Health Across the State
The Field Operations Unit consists of staff located in Tallahassee and twelve field offices dispersed throughout the state. Two Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) staff assigned to the Immunization Program facilitate coordination with the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD).
Central office staff:
- Perform program policy direction and oversight.
- Coordinate with the CDC.
- Provide support for field offices.
Stationed at one of twelve field offices, field staff:
- Assist both Florida's residents, visitors, and program partners in a variety of activities to achieve state and national immunization goals.
- Promote activities to improve immunization levels.
- Actively work to reduce vaccine-preventable disease and death in Florida.
- Protect the health of Florida residents and visitors.